What to Expect at Your Pet’s Visit
- VSNT schedules a one-hour initial consultations for new patients. During that time, your doctor will review your pet’s case and have a detailed conversation with you regarding your pet’s problems/diagnosis, recommended tests and treatment options.
- If additional tests are recommended, a written estimate will be provided for you to approve and sign prior to any testing being performed on your pet.
- If additional tests are to be performed, your pet may stay with us for a short time period the day of your initial visit. You may stay the allotted time period or leave and pick up your pet at a time agreed upon by you and the doctor.
- It is possible that not all recommended tests can be performed the same day as your initial appointment. Examples may include procedures that require anesthesia such as a CT scan or endoscopy. If this is the case, a follow up appointment may be scheduled or your pet may be able to stay the night to have his/her tests completed the following day.
- If an ultrasound/echocardiogram is to be performed, your pet will have their abdomen/chest shaved to allow visualization of the abdomen/heart.
- Although we provide a large assortment of in-house laboratory testing, some recommended tests may need to be performed by an outside laboratory. If this is the case, results will not be available same day and can take between 1-10 business days for results depending on the test performed.
- You will be provided with a discharge summary within 24 hours of your appointment. This document will summarize your pet’s diagnosis, tests and treatment plans. We send all of our discharge instructions to both you and your primary veterinarian via email. Please provide us with the best email address to contact you.